Why Should I join the Chamber?
Your one-year membership to the Stillwater County Chamber of Commerce includes a business listing on our web site with a link to your web site, advertising of your sales or other events on our Facebook page, networking opportunities, and much more.
There are monthly board meetings that are open to the public and an annual meeting for the general membership in September of each year. All Board meetings are open to the public. They are held on the 1st Tuesday of each month at First Interstate Bank, upstairs, at 6:00 p.m.
Chamber membership promotes your business
Below you will find numerous reasons why joining your local Chamber of Commerce is good for your business regardless of business size, years in business, or marketing budget. The Stillwater County Chamber of Commerce is currently growing and has a bright future ahead of it.
- Chamber’s website. The Directory on our website has every Chamber member listed. The Chamber website also offers great advertising opportunities. The Directory even has a link to your website.
- The Chamber website offers members many benefits.
- Job Postings – Post job postings on the Chamber’s website
- Click Add a Job Posting
- Fill in the template, making sure to select the dates you want it to run at the bottom
- If you list jobs on YOUR website, you can create a general posting and change the Website Address to go directly to that page on your website
- This is also handy if you have an online application process or form
- Click Submit (It will go to the Chamber for approval, plan on 24-48 hours)
- The Chamber will post it for you
- Calendar – The Chamber and Community Calendar
- You are able to see Chamber events, click on them for more detail, RSVP right online if asked and in some cases, even prepay by credit card for the event
- The Chamber needs your help keeping the Community Calendar current
- Are you involved in an organization with an upcoming event - Relay for Life, Red Cross Blood Drives?
- Your business brochures and/or business cards will be included in visitor and relocation packets. We send out numerous visitor and relocation packets each month.
- Your business information will be displayed in the Stillwater County Visitor Information Center. The VIC has over 1,000 visitors between May and September and each of those visitors will have access to your business cards, brochures, etc.
- Chamber members can be nominated for the Business Person of the Year Award and recognized at the Annual Awards Dinner.
- Your business promoted on our Facebook page. We currently have over 1,500 followers. Every time you renew your membership you get a personalized Facebook post dedicated to your business. If your business has an event, announcement or success we will promote it on our page.
- Chamber Meetings. Monthly Chamber meetings allow businesses to hear about what the Stillwater County Chamber of Commerce has in store for its future.
- Business After Hours. Monthly Business After Hours provide a setting for business owners/employees to get together. You can meet new contacts, referrals, and people who can help you with ideas and additional ways to grow your business. You may also gain a customer or client or two!
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies. For every new business the Chamber offers to have a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony where the new business can introduce and showcase their new business to the community.
- We keep you informed. Members receive periodic emails providing them with access to the latest information and news from the Chamber.
Ongoing Training and Education:
- Members can participate in specialized seminars and training sessions for free or discounted rates (for example: Lunch & Learn series).
Low Cost Advertising Opportunities:
- The Chamber offers a wide range of affordable, local advertising options and sponsorship packages for just about every business or non-profit, regardless of how big or small their budget. For example, ad space on the Chamber map is sold for a low cost and maps are handed out throughout the community each year.
- Advertising during Chamber events. The Chamber provides advertising during chamber events by offering sponsorship opportunities for chamber events. All sponsors are listed in all advertising, ex: radio ads, printed material and social media.
- Stillwater County video sponsor slots, which are renewed and updated every 2 years.