Candidate will provide administrative assistance to the accounting department. This will includes prompt and accurate data input to the company’s computer system, maintaining filing systems, generating reports, responding to customers or vendors inquiries via phone or e-mail and other tasks as assigned.
• Responsibility includes verifying and entering accounts receivable and/or accounts payable transactions from various sources depending on needs of the department. Candidate must emphasize absolute attention to detail, possess a solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and be able to understand and complete general office tasks. Tasks must be completed in a timely manner to support accounting department monthly closing cycles.
• Job includes posting of receipts, account reconciliations and daily generation of invoice runs. Responsible for applying entries to correct open invoice transactions and reconciling posting of daily deposits.
• Cross Train and serve as backup for A/P functions such as vouchering invoices, filing and weekly check runs.
• Professionally answers customers or vendor inquiries via phone or e-mail regarding open or paid transactions.
• Maintains historical records by filing documents.
• Supports department functions by supplying information as requested to other members of the finance team, internal customers from other departments and external customers, vendors or auditors as required.
Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years of previous accounting experience or BA/BS in in Accounting or Business with an emphasis in Accounting.
• Understanding of Accounting Principles. Efficient and Accurate Data Entry Skills. Able to Handle Large Volume of Computer Entry and Keying. Ability to Research, Analyze and Report Results. Dealing with Complexity. Exhibit Thoroughness with High Levels of Integrity and Ability to Work Collaboratively with Others.
• Must be a self-starter, organized, detail oriented and be able to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner in compliance with executive management policies and directives without the need for constant supervision.
• Requires Intermediate to Advanced Skill in the Use of Microsoft Excel as well as familiarity with other Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word and Power Point. Knowledge of Dynamics AX ERP Software a Plus.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and customer service skills. This requirement would include the ability to professionally respond to common inquiries from customers, co-workers, other departments and management.
Minimum 3 years accounting experience, or BA/BS in Accouting or Business with emphasis on Accounting.
Job Closing Date
July 24, 2019
Submit resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off application at Montana Silversmiths, #1 Sterling Lane, Columbus MT