Smith Funeral Chapel located in Columbus, Montana

Smith Funeral Chapels, Inc.

35 North Diamond Street
Columbus, MT 59019
Phone : 406-628-6858

Billings-Laurel-Columbus-Red Lodge

Smith Funeral Chapel Columbus, formerly known as Columbus Funeral Home and, later, as Cashmore Funeral Chapel, was originally established in 1911 by B.E. Harris. The firm was purchased by Ray McColley in 1931 before being bought by Howard and Helen Cashmore in 1945. The Cashmores operated the funeral home along with a hardware and furniture store in a building at the corner of Pike and North Patten. It wasn’t until 1958 that Mr. Cashmore purchased the original St. Mary’s Catholic Church and rectory in Columbus. He converted these two buildings into a funeral home. The business was acquired by Smith Funeral Chapels in 1976. A new funeral home was built in 2001, located at 35 North Diamond.

Smith Funeral Chapel provides funeral or memorial services and arrangements for final disposition whether burial or cremation.

The staff includes three licensed morticians and support staff on 24 hour call.